Saturday, February 12, 2011

BREAKING NEWS! ELDER BIRD TRANSFERRED!

    SO HERE I GO! BIG CHANGES AND NEW OPPORTUNITIES OUT HERE IN OREGON!

     Here's what's going on with me now!  I am getting transferred to Klamath Falls! Haha!
 Klamath is at the very bottom of our mission so I'll also be serving in California, not to mention the Klamath Indian Reservation.  I will be a Spanish elder for a couple transfers or maybe permanently.  I will be the district leader down there too!  So this next transfer will be an interesting one! Haha!  It's like everything has completely changed for me out here but I am not complaining.  I am ready to move onto another area!  OH, HERE'S MY NEW ADDRESS- 2169 ELDORADO APT #6 KLAMATH FALLS, OR 97601! :) WRITE ME! Haha! My new comp's name is Elder Osborn.  He goes home in two transfers!

     
Klamath Falls has a population of about 21,000.  The older part of the city
sits above geothermal springs and homes and businesses in the downtown
area use them for heating.  The area is a high desert landscape.

Crater Lake north of Klamath Falls.
The area is known for incredible outdoor scenery.
     As for my week, Tuesday we just did finding all day and taught some lessons. Wednesday we had leadership training and I had to teach a two hour class on the role of the Holy Ghost in conversion. I liked it.  It was fun to teach and not sit there and have to listen the whole time. But leadership training went from 9 to pretty much 4:30.  Here's how it works:  Noone knows who is teaching what class or when.  President just tells everyone what to study and to be ready to prepare to teach a class. I honestly  had the feeling I was gonna teach.  And I did!  President walked in and said, "Hey, I have been looking for you Bird! You're teaching!" So that pretty much killed our whole day and I was pretty exhausted after that.  So we went to dinner then went home.  

     On Thursday we did some finding, taught Andrea, Jordan, the Vaughns, and Tony Reynolds, the Seventh Day Aventist!  On Friday we talked to random people all day and just kinda kicked it.  We taught some lessons and then went to our buddy Toby Meekins and shot his hunting bow! It's sick!  Saturday I started packing!  Yesterday we went to church and I just visited some people. This my last day in Albany, so it will be a party! Haha! 



I love you and i hope all is well! :)
Love,
Your Son

No comments:

Post a Comment