Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Keepin' The Faith

      Elder Bird says the work is hard and it's a trial of faith sometimes, but he and his companion have been blessed with some wonderful people to teach.

     He especially enjoys getting together with other missionaries in the Corvallis Zone. He says their conferences energize his spirit.  As you can tell they make a great team as they have become one of the most productive zones in the Oregon Eugene Mission.

     As for this week, it's been kinda slow.  I don't know why, but it's still fun!  We're going to the temple this weekend and it will be a good time for me to pray and ponder! :)  I need it!

     The Vaughns (family of 7) are getting baptized this weekend!  It will be great and I am stoked for it! I can hardly wait!  We had to push it back because we forgot that stake conference would interfere, but it's all good.   There's no problem pushing it back and it will go down this weekend along with Ricky Garcia's baptism.  I really look forward to it!

     We found another family of 8, the Petersens.  They are really cool!  We found them on Tuesday night tracting and we have been teaching them.  We're going to extend a commitment to them this week and 4 other people!  It's really neat to feel the Spirit in the first lesson when we recite Joseph Smith's first vision.   It is really neat.

     As for things going on here, the weather hasn't been too bad.  It's probably going to start to get cold and rainy here shortly, but it is what it is.  Just gotta keep pushin' forward! :)

     For Thanksgiving we will be at the bishop's house.  He is really cool and it will be fun.  We will have a turkey bowl, so I am stoked about that!  

    I love you!  Hope you have a great week and everything goes well for you.  I love you so very much and am thankful for everything you do for me.  You're awesome and the best mom ever!  You're in my heart always.

Love,
Elder Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment