Monday, October 4, 2010

Collect The Elect!

From September 20, 2010

This week in Oregon has been great! We went to Newport Beach for P-day, man was it a blast!

Brock's zone at Newport Beach, OR.
 We have had alot of good work going on! We have been working hard!  We just started a new program called "Collect the Elect!"  We went around to every house in every ward and sought out referrals! Just from young women we received 145! Altogether we are close to 200 referrals. So we definitely are happy we don't have to spend our time tracting!  We can focus our efforts on our referrals!  We have been promised for every 5 referrals we should have one baptism!  So we have tons of work to do!

Another view of  Newport Beach.
This week I went on exchanges with a Spanish elder named Elder Klienfelter from Arizona.  It was really fun! We met alot of people on the OSU campus! I got the chance to brush up on some Spanish and even taught a lesson in Spanish a few times so that was pretty neat!  I enjoyed it!  We  committed one of his investigators to baptism! :) He is a really chill missionary. He actually was a firefighter before he came out on his mission and he has been out 9 months! He is my district leader.
     This week Elder Johnson and I committed a few of our investigators to be baptized next weekend so I am really stoked for that!  This last week I have really focused on the Preach My Gospel and how to better myself as a missionary.  I spent alot of time reading the scriptures and praying,  pondering and listening to the words of the Holy Ghost.  It has built me up so much stronger and my faith has grown for I know my life is in God's hands and I need to exercise my calling to its full potential! Yes sometimes it's hard out here but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!  The Spirit has comforted me in ways that are indescribable.  I am so thankful for your love and support back home! I really am!  I bless you guys with the Spirit that will assure you I am doing a great job.
     I read Ether12 last night and studied it for hours. It definitely changed my mission, especially verse 27!  Take a look at it, my favorite chapter!  I love you all.


LOVE, your Elder Bird! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment