Saturday, August 7, 2010

August 4, 2010--Brock's Mission Begins

Brock entered the MTC on August 4th, 2010. We found that is one of the hardest things for parents to do. After spending a few minutes at the Provo Temple, we dropped Brock off at the MTC curb. He bravely walked to the main entrance with his two suitcases, a backpack and his pillow to begin his two year adventure in the Oregon Eugene Mission. We were excited to get Brock's first letter on August 6th, dad's birthday. That was the best birthday present ever. When we opened it, wow were we relieved. "I am completely fine" were Brock's opening words. Brock was especially blessed on that first day. "As soon as you dropped me off Jake Roper and his family were at the top of the hill. So we just stuck together the whole day..." Jake is his good friend. He also met up with Nate Monson from the neighboring Ashley Park Ward and Spencer Hilla who Brock played football with at Dixie State. The real clincher was when Brock found out his high school buddy Dillon Hill was in the room right next to him. Despite the comfort of having good friends around him Brock says, "I miss my bed, my room, my home, and everyone I love!! But I know my reward will be great in the end." Brock went on to say, "My companion is really cool and I'm thankful for that." Elder Bird will be in the MTC until August 24th.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. The mother/son goodbye picture is so beautifully touching that I am still crying.
    Ron, Keep up the good work. We all want to follow Brock's adventure.
    love you guys!

    ReplyDelete